The ZF1-ZF2 Bridge project, based on last week’s post on migrating Doctrine 2 from Zend Framework 1 to Zend Framework 2, has been posted to GitHub. The bridge project accomplishes the following goals, all of which are aimed at easing migration pains.
- Created ZF1 controller action helper to access ZendMvcApplication
- Created ZF1 view helper to access ZendViewHelper classes
- Allow ZF1 controller actions to be routed to ZendMvcApplication without having to edit an .htaccess file
- Access any ZF2 component from within ZF1 (e.g. ServiceManager, EventManager, MvcEvent, etc.)
- Full Composer integration for both versions of Zend Framework