I recently changed jobs, and ended up still being connected to a Facebook fan page. Because there was no real admin section dedicated to defining permissions, I thought that if I unliked the page, it would properly remove me as an administration; thus stopping all email notifications for the page. This turned out to be false, and after a lot of time trying to figure this out, I hit the search engines. After some research I found that you can remove admin permissions via the Fans dialog, but I was not listed. Although not the least bit intuitive, there is a solution; this is what I had to do in order to revoke all administrator-level permissions:
- If you are not listed as a Fan, click the Like button at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the Fans section, and click See All.
- Find yourself within the Fans dialog (I appeared first in the list after re-liking the page).
- Click Remove Admin, located next to your name.
- If you so desire, you may now use the Unlike button at the bottom of the page to remove yourself as a Fan.
That’s all it took for me! I hope this helps some of you still struggling with this issue.