This weekend, I was lucky enough to take advantage of the deal T-Mobile has for the MyTouch 3G. (Thank you Oprah!) With T-Mobile’s full discount, the phone was $199, minus $100 from Oprah, which brought me down to just $99 for this beautiful piece of technology. For this tutorial, I’m going to use GoDaddy’s information, but it should be similar for many other Exchange servers.
The myTouch 3G uses Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync to sync the cell phone with the mail server. To set this up, you’ll need your full e-mail address, server address (GoDaddy’s address is included in this tutorial), and password.
- Open up the main menu, scroll to the bottom, and select Work Email.
- Enter your e-mail address and password, and go to the next step if those are the only two fields.
- Next you should see fields labeled Email address, Server address, Exchange domain, Username, and Password.
- Make sure that the Email address and Username fields have your full e-mail address including domain. A user jdoe with an account on gmail.com would use firstname.lastname@example.org as the username. This is very important for GoDaddy Hosted Exchange users. If you use a service other than GoDaddy, you may not have to enter the full e-mail in the Username field.
- In the Server address field, type mail.ex1.secureserver.net.
- If you are using GoDaddy, make sure the Exchange domain field is left blank. This may be required for those using other services. If you enter a username that includes a backslash, you are using a domain (Ex. DOMAINusername).
- Make sure that This server requires an encrypted SSL connection is checked.
- Verify all information, and click the button at the bottom to finish.
That should do it! If you find something that we missed, or have some additional information that may help people, please post it!